Nov 1, 2011

Health wellness

Thinking about the beginning of the semester, me and a friend decided to stay healthier and be ready for 5K run in Nov.

Today is the Nov 1st. and the race is only 4days away.
I have been working out constantly since this summer, so from June, and lost 30lb of weight.
I think I should keep notes what I did and what gave me energy to do, to make my future life better.

So, I had guilt since I can remember being ballet. I always tried to lose weight but never thought to be healthy. At that time, I was skinny enough actually, 120lb and 5.4tall. But I wasn't self confidence at all. Then, I moved to the U.S. and with all the junk food, I gained 30lb and lost my mind.
After a while I felt like to be just healthy. and started working out!

1, I kept notes for what I ate. All the food or drinks that has calories. I called it health note. When I can, I put the calories next to the food so I can count them even roughly. I wish I have my iPhone here and able to use apps. but I like my way too.

2, I took "Multivitamin for her" pill everyday. To keep truck, I also put circle on my health note. Because I am kinda anemic, I think it helped me staying nourished enough. As a consequence, I made my first success at blood drive, which I always failed!

3, I exercised almost everyday. even for 30min, it released stress for sure. I always realize that it's so hard to burn calories with work out, so why do I need to take unnecessary calories from crappy food? I liked muscle training too. I made my weight training circuit and I did them one body part a time and switch every day or every other day. I loved the way I can see the result. If I push myself harder, I really can see the result!!

4, When I get tired of being on the treadmill, I went to outside. My favorite is track. I like to see the distance I went. right before the sunset, it's so beautiful!

5, I made a promise that I won't have any pop drink but 1 every month. I don't know for sure, but I believe, pop have some sort of special power. even I take diet, I feel like it's going to my fatty tissue.

6, Eat healthy. I think I took advantage for being on meal plan. I went to cafe a lot for lunch and dinner. and ate sandwich or bagle and salad a lot. No dessert too.

7, I found super cool website, http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/
  This girl, Taralynn McNitt, she is young, but has really good knowledge and motivation for being healthy. She is awesome! and boosts me to go for it!

8, I also got motivation fromhttp://pinterest.com/, being surrounded among things I love, just makes me happier. Also, the category for fitness has good tips or workout menu.

9, Also, watched the reality show "biggest loser" they are inspiring a lot! and available on netflix :)

Whenever I faced to the temptation, I tried to be relaxed. Sometimes I failed, but I don't want to quit being healthy. My goal for now is be a coolest 80years toned lady!
Changing life will take longer time, so I will continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment